The most attractive thing about moissanite is that it is more sparkling than diamonds, and in addition to its own unreasonable birefringence, of course, it can wear a luxurious effect at the price of ordinary people. Having said that, many friends only know a little about moissanite, and there are even rumors that moissanite will lose color after wearing it for a long time, and the light will disappear when it falls. In fact, it is impossible to lose color, although moissanite is artificially cultivated, but it is not a chromosome, how can it lose color? Pure nonsense, moissanite is as perpetual as diamond.
Why does the moissanite diamond have a layer of white fog on the surface after wearing it for a long time?
Wearing for a long time is generally a layer of white fog, in fact, this layer of white fog is food or human body fat, moissanite is the same as diamonds are lipophilic, so even diamonds will also occur. Daily makeup and skin care products, food fumes, and human sweat will invincibly stick to the surface of moissanite or diamond; This is why there is a layer of white fog after wearing it for a long time.
Why does the white fog on the surface of the moissanite affect the refraction effect?
Laziness is human nature, buy a ring want to wear once and for all without maintenance, in the long run the surface of moissanite will have a lot of oil, and moissanite and diamond principle is the same, relying on the reflection of light; And this layer of white fog is blocking the released light, which greatly affects the effect of reflection. Friends can use a magnifying glass to observe moissanite or diamonds that have not been cleaned for a long time, and they can definitely see a thick layer of oil molecules.
About the cleaning cycle of moissanite and diamonds!
Moissanite does not fade like diamonds. If you wear it for a long time, the reason must be oil, just clean and maintain it. So how often should moissanite and diamonds be cleaned? If you wear it for a long time or every day, the cleaning cycle is more frequent, and it is expected to be cleaned once every two weeks.
About how to clean moissanite diamonds and diamonds!
- Soak moissanite or diamonds in cold water with a small amount of toothpaste for 30 minutes before brushing with a soft-bristled brush;
- Soak moissanite or diamonds in some special detergent for 3 minutes before brushing with a soft-bristled brush;
- Soak moissanite or diamonds in an ultrasonic cleaner and add daily cleaning solution for 30 minutes;
- I have also checked the answers to relevant questions of the Diamond Club: if there are stains or sebum on the surface of moissanite, you can use a silver cloth to wipe lightly, you can easily remove the oil or stains on the surface, in fact, I don’t know what the silver cloth is, or you can also go to understand.
- Finally, it should be noted that you can not use a strong alkaline like soap to clean moissanite, do not contact bleach and some chemicals, and try to avoid contact with some oil stains and body sweat.